Run, Forrest, Run!

I’m writing on Monday morning. I didn’t get home until around 1:20am last night.
Sunday morning, we went to see Hoover Dam. We opted for the expensive tour, and I’m glad we did. We got to see one of the tubes that Harrison Ford jumped out of in The Fugitive! Our tour guide had an unusual name. I don’t know how to spell it, but it sounded like Court. We also had a guy named Jim, who I thought was fun. We took plenty of pictures, and really enjoyed the tour.
After the tour, the Philadelphia Eagles game was about to start. We Googled to find a Philly-fan sports bar in Vegas and found a place called Off the Strip. Unfortunately, there weren’t any seats left in the main bar area where the TVs were, so we had to sit in the dining area where there was one smaller TV high up on the wall. Our waitress was friendly, but didn’t know what beers were on tap. It started getting really silly with all of the stupid things going on. No seat. Old man sitting by himself in a huge booth who wouldn’t share. Then we ordered a pitcher of Sam Adams Winter Lager, and it came out half foam. The Eagles game was horrible. We were getting killed. At least the food was half decent, and they brought out another half-foam pitcher, and then another full pitcher of beer for free to make up for the lousy first pitcher. The Eagles game got so bad that Fox TV switched to cover some other game, so we couldn’t watch the end of the game if we wanted to. Oh well.
After the game, we headed back to the hotel. That took forever, because there was some Rock and Roll Marathon going on that shut down the whole Vegas strip. Traffic was a nightmare. Thousands of people running down the strip. It was crazy.
After we finally got back to the resort, we walked to the half-price ticket place. Mike and Dad bought tickets to see Penn & Teller (I have already seen the show), and we walked around. We saw the water show at Bellagio, and we walked through Caesar’s. Then we took a cab to Rio where their show was.
Not much to see at Rio, but we walked around. I saw that there was an MJ Live show going on at the same time as the Penn & Teller one that I could have gotten tickets for. They wouldn’t sell me a discounted ticket at the box office, so I considered heading back to the ticket place to see if I can buy a ticket and make it back in time for the show, but the shuttle service wasn’t running because of the marathon, and the cost of two more taxi runs would negate the savings that I’d probably get, so I opted to forget it. I considered playing poker at the Rio, but the $1-3 game seemed off to me, so I decided to head back toward the resort instead.
I walked back from the Rio; a fast-paced 30 minute walk. I ended up at Planet Hollywood, which is the casino across from where we are staying, and sat down at a $1-2 no limit game. I bought in for $200. It was a lot of work for me. I definitely blew some hands that I could have won, and I lost my stack of about $130 when I flopped two pair and another guy called me with a nut flush and straight draw caught on the river. I bought in for another $200, and started out doing just as bad, not catching many breaks nor getting any decent cards. But, at the very end of the night, around 1am, I put two or three good hands together, and somehow managed to turn things around. I even managed to catch a straight flush to the king! At 1:15am, I cashed out with $595! So, a very nice win of $195 for me! Exhausted, I went back to my room and crashed.

Comments are closed.